Verratti in line for PSG fine after being caught smoking
Marquinhos' wife has posted an image in which the Italian can be seen with a cigarette - capping a bad few days for him.
Marco Verratti has not enjoyed the best of weeks at Paris Saint-Germain, with the fall-out over his substitution against Marseille now followed by further controversy.
Angry reaction to being taken off
The Italian has come in for criticism for his attitude in recent days after reacting negatively to being replaced by Blaise Matuidi in Sunday's 0-0 Ligue 1 draw.
"What was that for?" the midfielder is seen saying to the PSG bench after his 59th-minute withdrawal, adding of boss Unai Emery: "I was bad? He said I was bad?"
Snapped cigarette-in-hand by team-mate's wife
And fresh on the back of that, the 23-year-old has been caught smoking in an image published on social media by club-mate Marquinhos' wife.
Calciomercato.com says PSG are ready to fine Verratti, whose relationship with Emery has come in for scrutiny as question marks surround his happiness in Paris.
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral election: Which candidates have received the most endorsements?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: polling times and how to vote
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC Mayoral Primary: where do I vote?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: what documentation do I need to vote?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT When will the IRS start to send the $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit payments?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT IRS Child Tax Credit portal: how can I use it to opt out and what other uses does it have?