Zinedine Zidane has said Cristiano Ronaldo is “angry” at the recent form which has seen him make his worst goal scoring start to a season since joining the club.
Ronaldo has scored just one goal out of Real Madrid’s last 20 and found the net only four times this season so far, culminating in whistles aimed in his direction from the Bernabéu crowd last Sunday after the Portuguese striker spurned a number of opportunities.
Madrid travel to Alavés on Saturday where they’ll be looking to consolidate their place at the top of LaLiga and where Ronaldo will be looking to back amongst the goals, and in his press conference on Friday, Real coach Zidane said that the 31-year old forward is not fretful but frustrated at his barren spell in front of net.
Not anxious, but angry
“He doesn’t seem anxious, but possibly angry,” said Zidane. “He wants to score goals and that’s normal. He’s unique in what he has done and what he does.”
The Frenchman also pointed out that the only reason why people are talking about Ronaldo’s barren spell is because of the ridiculously high standards he’s set in the past.
“He’s raised his level so high that when he scores that people on the outside are surprised,” added Zidane. “He has to live with that, it’s what the phenomenal players have to do.”
Alavés will be "complicated"
The Madrid manager also looked forward to a “complicated” game against Alavés on Saturday, who have sprung a few surprises this season, including their 2-1 win at Camp Nou in September.
“They haven’t lost at home and they’re a team which is doing phenomenally. We know the difficulty of this game,” said Zidane.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Will Amazon accept Bitcoin as a payment method?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Who are Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka's parents?