Defender Adil Rami has revealed that former Sevilla boss Unai Emery wanted to take the Frenchman with him to Paris Saint-Germain in the summer.
"I spoke to Emery"
And speaking to Radio Monte Carlo in France, the former Valencia player admitted there was contact over a possible switch to Paris.
"I spoke to Emery in the last transfer window, when David Luiz went to Chelsea," Rami confessed.
"I didn't want to take any risks"
But the 30-year-old explained that his fears over a more limited first-team role at PSG dissuaded him from making such a move.
"It made me think, but I kept a cool head because I need to play," he said. "I didn't want to take any risks because I know the qualities the centre-backs at PSG have."
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby