Defender Adil Rami has revealed that former Sevilla boss Unai Emery wanted to take the Frenchman with him to Paris Saint-Germain in the summer.
"I spoke to Emery"
And speaking to Radio Monte Carlo in France, the former Valencia player admitted there was contact over a possible switch to Paris.
"I spoke to Emery in the last transfer window, when David Luiz went to Chelsea," Rami confessed.
"I didn't want to take any risks"
But the 30-year-old explained that his fears over a more limited first-team role at PSG dissuaded him from making such a move.
"It made me think, but I kept a cool head because I need to play," he said. "I didn't want to take any risks because I know the qualities the centre-backs at PSG have."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win