Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has sent a message to Croatia coach, Ante Cacic, who said earlier this week that he expected to call up Luka Modric for the national side’s next fixture on 12 November.
The midfielder has been on the sidelines since having to undergo an operation on damaged cartilage in his knee at the beginning of October and Zidane made clear in his press conference on Friday that Modric will most likely not be ready for action until after the international break.
Modric "still recovering"
“I’m not going to comments on [Cacic’s] words,” said Zidane. “I have information from my medics and he’s still recovering."
Zidane added that he believed the club would know more by next week on exactly when they can expect Modric to return to the field. “Next week will be important, but he still hasn’t trained with the group,” the Frenchman revealed.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: who is getting extra money, why and how much?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid and Barça to battle it out for Haaland and Alaba
- EL CLÁSICO Piqué fighting until last minute for El Clásico start
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City vs Leeds United: live!
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Olazábal dedicates Masters cut to late compatriot Ballesteros
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid vs Barcelona: which players have played on both teams?