Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has sent a message to Croatia coach, Ante Cacic, who said earlier this week that he expected to call up Luka Modric for the national side’s next fixture on 12 November.
The midfielder has been on the sidelines since having to undergo an operation on damaged cartilage in his knee at the beginning of October and Zidane made clear in his press conference on Friday that Modric will most likely not be ready for action until after the international break.
Modric "still recovering"
“I’m not going to comments on [Cacic’s] words,” said Zidane. “I have information from my medics and he’s still recovering."
Zidane added that he believed the club would know more by next week on exactly when they can expect Modric to return to the field. “Next week will be important, but he still hasn’t trained with the group,” the Frenchman revealed.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Mexico to battle for bronze in Olympic softball
- OLYMPIC GAMES What the USWNT needs to advance to the quarter-finals at Tokyo 2020
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Who is in the USA golf team at the Tokyo Olympics 2021?