N'Zonzi: “It's way too early to be talking about league titles”
“Nasri's quality didn't come as a surprise to me, I played against him several times in England and I've never seen him have a bad game. He always gives his best”.
Sevilla go into Saturday's game against Sporting de Gijón just one point behind LaLiga leaders Real Madrid. But Steven N'Zonzi isn't getting too carried away about the team's stunning start to the campaign and says it's way too soon to be talking about contenders to the league title.
You seem a different player to the one we saw last season. What's changed?
My position. Last season we played with midfielders in the same line with another fielded a little more advanced. This year I am playing in a more central role going forward and dropping back more to defend. I really like that position, I get to see a lot of the ball and I feel more comfortable.
At the start of the season, it seemed a massive risk to play one man in the midfield...
I've got more freedom because there's just me in the centre. I have more space, Nasri plays deeper and comes in behind me to tidy up and win the ball back. I like it because it's an ambitious position and more attacking. And if there are three centre-backs behind me, I know I am well covered.
A lot of that is down to Jorge Sampaoli. Is he very different to Unai Emery?
All coaches are different, but both the methods used by Emery and Sampaoli can work well. It just depends on the players you've got.
Nasri, never a poor game
Have you been surprised by Nasri's displays?
He's very important to us when we have possession of the ball, he's had some great performances and technically he is very good. He's an ambitious player and he's played for several top sides. So I haven't been surprised by him at all, I played agaimnst him several times ibn England and I've never seen him have a bad game. He always gives his best.
Sevilla could register their best ever start to any league campaign tomorrow in Gijón...
We can't be thinking about that. We should be free from distractions because we need to play to our best level.
Are Sevilla in with a realistic chance of winning LaLiga?
It's too early to talk about that.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit not sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- OLYMPICS 2021 | ATHLETICS Seahawks' DK Metcalf impresses in 100m but misses Olympics
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?