Nili, Marlon and Aleñà handed call up
Central defender Marlon, midfielder Aleñá and versatile right-back Nili make Luis Enrique's 18-man squad list. Cillessen and Rafinha come off the casualty list.
Barcelona's injury problems
Luis Enrique has been forced to improvise to combat a mounting injury list - one which already includes Iniesta, Piqué, Jordi Alba and Mathieu, and to which Arda Turan has been added. The Turkish midfielder has a heavily-brusied right foot - the result of an ugly kick from Espanyol's Martín Demichelis in last week's Catalunya Supercup. Aleix Vidal remains out with a niggling groin problem, not that he would have entered the list had he been fully fit...
Reserves given the nod
Three players from the reserves have been drafted in to make up the numbers for tonight's game against Granada at Camp Nou: Brazilian centre-back Marlon - who has been handed the No.33 shirt, midfielder Carles Aleñá (No.28) and versatile, right-sided wingman Nili, who can double uop as a full-back or a winger.
Cillessen and Rafinha return
There was some good news for the coach today: Jasper Cillessen, is now over his ankle sprain injury and returns to the list in place of Jordi Masip and Rafinha has recovered from a bruised rib cage and is available again for selection.
Barcelona squad: Ter Stegen, Cillessen, Rakitic, Sergio, Denis Suárez, Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Rafinha, Mascherano, Paco Alcácer, Digne, Sergi Roberto , André Gomes, Umtiti, Aleñá, Nili and Marlon.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid team news: Fede Valverde out of Getafe game due to coronavius contact
- LaLiga Getafe vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- NBA Lakers star Andre Drummond revels in surreal moment after Staples Center win
- F1 Miami Grand Prix added to Formula One calendar from 2022
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim