Nili, Marlon and Aleñà handed call up
Central defender Marlon, midfielder Aleñá and versatile right-back Nili make Luis Enrique's 18-man squad list. Cillessen and Rafinha come off the casualty list.
Barcelona's injury problems
Luis Enrique has been forced to improvise to combat a mounting injury list - one which already includes Iniesta, Piqué, Jordi Alba and Mathieu, and to which Arda Turan has been added. The Turkish midfielder has a heavily-brusied right foot - the result of an ugly kick from Espanyol's Martín Demichelis in last week's Catalunya Supercup. Aleix Vidal remains out with a niggling groin problem, not that he would have entered the list had he been fully fit...
Reserves given the nod
Three players from the reserves have been drafted in to make up the numbers for tonight's game against Granada at Camp Nou: Brazilian centre-back Marlon - who has been handed the No.33 shirt, midfielder Carles Aleñá (No.28) and versatile, right-sided wingman Nili, who can double uop as a full-back or a winger.
Cillessen and Rafinha return
There was some good news for the coach today: Jasper Cillessen, is now over his ankle sprain injury and returns to the list in place of Jordi Masip and Rafinha has recovered from a bruised rib cage and is available again for selection.
Barcelona squad: Ter Stegen, Cillessen, Rakitic, Sergio, Denis Suárez, Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Rafinha, Mascherano, Paco Alcácer, Digne, Sergi Roberto , André Gomes, Umtiti, Aleñá, Nili and Marlon.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 stimulus check updates today: third payment, dates, eligibility, Biden, negotiation, live
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check update: $1,400 payment in Biden relief proposal
- REAL MADRID UK media suggest Bale set for Madrid return next season
- CLUB WORLD CUP Auckland City withdraw from Club World Cup over covid measures
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why do Manchester United get so many penalties? Rashford points to Mourinho advice
- NBA Why is Kyrie Irivng currently absent from the Brooklyn Nets?