Prolific Carrasco leads Atlético Madrid past Málaga
Yannick Carrasco has begun this season in fine goalscoring form and didn’t disappoint on Saturday afternoon. His brace, along with another from summer signing Kevin Gameiro, powered Atlético Madrid to a hard-fought 4-2 win over visitors Málaga to keep up the pressure on city rivals Real Madrid at the top of the LaLiga table.
Carrasco’s goals were his sixth and seventh in his last four games, a goal scoring spree that has led Atlético to second in the table after an indifferent start back in August and early September.
Carrasco delighted with match-winning brace
The Belgian international told reporters after the game, unsurprisingly, that he’s delighted with his recent form.
“I feel really good, it’s thanks to the team that I feel this way,” he said with a very Simeone-like focus on the team. “I’m delighted. This was a tough game and we dealt with it very well.”
The Belgian's fine form rewarded with a new deal
Carrasco’s fine form this year has not gone unnoticed. He recently signed a new long-term deal with Atlético that will keep him at the Vicente Calderón until 2022, upping his buy-out clause from €40 million to a hefty €100 million to ward off reported interest from the Premier League.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?