Álvaro Morata has enjoyed less game time than fellow Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema this season, but has taken more shots than the Frenchman - and scored more goals.
Fewer minutes, more goals
Benzema has featured more than the 24-year-old, despite missing the start of the campaign through injury, playing for 705 minutes and netting four times in all competitions.
Meanwhile, Morata has been involved in 669 minutes of first-team action this term, but has bagged three more goals than his centre-forward colleague, the latest coming against Alavés on Saturday.
Morata Real's leading marksman with CR7
Indeed, the ex-Juventus ace is the team's joint-top scorer alongside Cristiano Ronaldo - in addition to providing three assists - and is staking his claim for a place in Zinedine Zidane's line-up.
The Spaniard had deputised ably for Benzema in his early-season absence, but his displays could not prevent him from relinquishing his spot on the ex-Lyon man's return to fitness.
And since Benzema's comeback against Osasuna in LaLiga in September, Morata has started just twice: at Las Palmas in the league, and Cultural Leonesa in the Copa del Rey.
But he has not thrown in the towel and has taken advantage of every opportunity the Madrid boss has given him, hitting four of his goals off the bench - with two (against Sporting Lisbon and Athletic Club) earning late victories.
More shots than Benzema
Morata's greater threat on goal is also evident in the pair's shooting stats: he has a total of 28 (16 of which on target), compared to Benzema's 26 and 14.
Te recomendamos en English
- Man City vs Real Madrid Sterling joins Man City's 100 club with opener against Real Madrid
- Champions League Napoli must 'climb Everest' to beat Barcelona - Gattuso
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits: will there be an extra weekly payment?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: How much money could you get?
- Coronavirus India: Lockdown in Kohima to be lifted tomorrow
- Social Media What is Instagram Reels, the new TikTok competitor