Robert Lewandowski has confirmed one of the worst-kept secrets in football: that he’s close to signing a contract extension at Bayern Munich.
Lewandowski to sign new Bayern deal
The Polish striker, widely considered one of the best forwards in world football, confirmed the news following his side’s 3-1 win over local rivals Augsberg. Lewandowski scored twice after being held goalless in his last five appearances.
“I don’t think it will take long, but we just need to be patient,” he told reporters after the game. “I haven’t signed anything yet. When we’ve found some solutions we’ll let you all know.”
The best years of his career at Bayern
Lewandowski, now in his third season at Bayern since joining from rivals Borussia Dortmund in 2014, appears willing to spend the best years of his career at the Allianz Arena despite the almost-guaranteed summer interest from a number of Europe’s other top clubs. The new deal will reportedly tie him to Bayern until 2021.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane