Robert Lewandowski has confirmed one of the worst-kept secrets in football: that he’s close to signing a contract extension at Bayern Munich.
Lewandowski to sign new Bayern deal
The Polish striker, widely considered one of the best forwards in world football, confirmed the news following his side’s 3-1 win over local rivals Augsberg. Lewandowski scored twice after being held goalless in his last five appearances.
“I don’t think it will take long, but we just need to be patient,” he told reporters after the game. “I haven’t signed anything yet. When we’ve found some solutions we’ll let you all know.”
The best years of his career at Bayern
Lewandowski, now in his third season at Bayern since joining from rivals Borussia Dortmund in 2014, appears willing to spend the best years of his career at the Allianz Arena despite the almost-guaranteed summer interest from a number of Europe’s other top clubs. The new deal will reportedly tie him to Bayern until 2021.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUMOUR MILL Saudi crown prince to make new Man United offer - rumours
- Manchester United won't wait 30 years for title – Solskjaer aims dig at Liverpool
- MALLORCA 1 - 0 REAL MADRID "We didn't lack motivation or intensity” - Marcelo after Real Madrid's defeat to Mallorca
- LALIGA Mallorca record famous win over Real Madrid
- Crystal Palace 0-2 Manchester City Manchester City back in the groove
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Joao Félix out with sprained ankle