Atlético will decide on Monday whether to appeal against Stefan Savic’s sending off during the 4-2 win over Málaga for a second bookable offence in order to avoid the prospect of the Montenegro international serving a one-match ban. Diego Simeone's side are already without the injured José Giménez and Augusto Fernández.
Atlético cards in La Liga
Player Fouls Yellows Reds Games
Savic was shown a second yellow in the 59th minute when the defender appeared to involuntarily bring down Málaga midfielder Chory Castro, slipping as he ran to intercept the Uruguayan. Replays are inconclusive as to whether the contact between the players was sufficient to floor Castro.
Two yellows and a red in four tackles
The Atlético defender boasts a curious statistic this season: in nine Liga games Savic has committed just four fouls but been booked twice and sent off once. His dismissal was the second for the side in as many games, with Koke getting his marching orders in last week’s 1-0 loss in Sevilla.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Doctors warn CDC to advise about vaccine side effects
- coronavirus Stimulus checks Second stimulus check: which proposals have been unsuccessfully discussed?
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 on Black Friday: restocks times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Burlington, Zara, North Face & Under Armour
- US NEWS Why has Trump pardoned Michael Flynn?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair & TJ Maxx