Sevilla to face Boca Juniors in VIII Antonio Puerta Memorial match
The Argentine giants will be the special guests at the Sanchez Pizjuan for the match that will take place on November 11.
The annual Antonio Puerta Memorial trophy will be held this year on November 11th at the Estadio Sanchez Pizjuan with Boca Juniors this years guests.
Club president Pepe Castro made the announcement with the game set to be played in a break from LaLiga action due to the international break. Spain play Macedonia in the World Cup 2018 qualifying campaign in Granada on November 12 followed by a friendly against England at Wembley.
This is the first time that an international club side have been invited to participate in the trophy which is a homage to the Sevilla player who tragically died after collapsing during a Spanish league game on August 25, 2007 against Getafe.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"