Pepe is set to miss the derby against Atletico Madrid on 19 November after suffering a hamstring injury against Alavés on Saturday.
Grade II hamstring injury
Tests revealed on Monday morning that the Real Madrid defender has suffered a “grade II injury to the hamstring in his left leg”, as communicated by the club’s official website.
As is routine, Madrid haven’t specified the amount of time the player will be on the sidelines for, however AS sources have informed the normal recuperation period for such injuries usually requires four to six weeks.
Real Madrid's injury woes
The layoff means that Los Blancos lose one of their most important centre-backs at the worst possible moment following Sergio Ramos’ injury. Ramos himself faces a race against the clock to be fit for El Derbi.
Pepe’s woe adds to what already is a mini injury crisis at the club, following the loss of key midfielders Modric and Casemiro in recent weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...