Zinedine Zidane has announced his 19-man squad to travel to Poland as his Real Madrid side come up against Legia Warsaw in the Champions League on Wednesday.
James and Marcelo don't travel
The big news is that neither James Rodríguez nor Marcelo make the squad for the Group F encounter. Casemiro, Ramos and Modric are all still unavailable through injury while Pepe too was added to that list on Monday when it was confirmed he’d suffered a hamstring injury against Alavés. The centreback is set for a six-week spell on the sidelines.
Tejero gets call-up
Castilla defender Álvaro Tejero is the surprise inclusion in the squad and is called up to the first team despite not being a regular starter for Madrid's reserves this season. Tejero, however, was one of Zidane's most trusted players during the Frenchman's time as Castilla coach.
Real Madrid travel to Eastern Europe on Tuesday and will train at the Polish Army Stadium during the afternoon.
Zidane’s side come into the game with seven points on the board after two wins and a draw and are tied with Borussia Dotmund at the top of the group. Legia meanwhile sit rock bottom with zero points.
Real Madrid squad to face Legia Warsaw:
Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Casilla, Rubén Yáñez.
Defenders: Carvajal, Varane, Nacho, Coentrão, Danilo, Tejero.
Midfielders: Kroos, Kovacic, Asensio, Isco.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Lucas Vázquez, Mariano, Morata.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: which states have kept travel restrictions and which have lifted them?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefit: Trump signs executive order
- Champions League Messi buys Barcelona a ticket to Lisbon
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Champions League Hector Herrera’s experience could help Atlético Madrid