Zinedine Zidane has announced his 19-man squad to travel to Poland as his Real Madrid side come up against Legia Warsaw in the Champions League on Wednesday.
James and Marcelo don't travel
The big news is that neither James Rodríguez nor Marcelo make the squad for the Group F encounter. Casemiro, Ramos and Modric are all still unavailable through injury while Pepe too was added to that list on Monday when it was confirmed he’d suffered a hamstring injury against Alavés. The centreback is set for a six-week spell on the sidelines.
Tejero gets call-up
Castilla defender Álvaro Tejero is the surprise inclusion in the squad and is called up to the first team despite not being a regular starter for Madrid's reserves this season. Tejero, however, was one of Zidane's most trusted players during the Frenchman's time as Castilla coach.
Real Madrid travel to Eastern Europe on Tuesday and will train at the Polish Army Stadium during the afternoon.
Zidane’s side come into the game with seven points on the board after two wins and a draw and are tied with Borussia Dotmund at the top of the group. Legia meanwhile sit rock bottom with zero points.
Real Madrid squad to face Legia Warsaw:
Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Casilla, Rubén Yáñez.
Defenders: Carvajal, Varane, Nacho, Coentrão, Danilo, Tejero.
Midfielders: Kroos, Kovacic, Asensio, Isco.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Lucas Vázquez, Mariano, Morata.
Te recomendamos en English
- Boxing What weight class did Floyd Mayweather fight in during his professional career?
- US NEWS Who is Elise Stefanik, Liz Cheney's replacement in Republican Party leadership?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: which players and coaches are in favor of the new format?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to prove you are vaccinated to go without a mask under CDC guidelines
- US News What is the difference between Armed Forces Day and Veterans Day?
- Why is NBA doing a play-in and not a traditional playoff format?