Zinedine Zidane has announced his 19-man squad to travel to Poland as his Real Madrid side come up against Legia Warsaw in the Champions League on Wednesday.
James and Marcelo don't travel
The big news is that neither James Rodríguez nor Marcelo make the squad for the Group F encounter. Casemiro, Ramos and Modric are all still unavailable through injury while Pepe too was added to that list on Monday when it was confirmed he’d suffered a hamstring injury against Alavés. The centreback is set for a six-week spell on the sidelines.
Tejero gets call-up
Castilla defender Álvaro Tejero is the surprise inclusion in the squad and is called up to the first team despite not being a regular starter for Madrid's reserves this season. Tejero, however, was one of Zidane's most trusted players during the Frenchman's time as Castilla coach.
Real Madrid travel to Eastern Europe on Tuesday and will train at the Polish Army Stadium during the afternoon.
Zidane’s side come into the game with seven points on the board after two wins and a draw and are tied with Borussia Dotmund at the top of the group. Legia meanwhile sit rock bottom with zero points.
Real Madrid squad to face Legia Warsaw:
Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Casilla, Rubén Yáñez.
Defenders: Carvajal, Varane, Nacho, Coentrão, Danilo, Tejero.
Midfielders: Kroos, Kovacic, Asensio, Isco.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Lucas Vázquez, Mariano, Morata.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX SEASON When does the IRS start accepting tax returns from filers in 2021? dates and deadlines
- US POLITICS What did Biden and Putin discuss in first presidential call?
- NETFLIX What movies and series are coming and leaving Netflix in February 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Does Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine work against South Africa strain?
- US NEWS When was the first stimulus check sent out and how much was it?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Timo Werner and other tasks on Chelsea boss Tuchel's to-do list