Borussia sell out of "A German Team" scarves
The 2,000 scarves sold out in 48 hours as the Bundesliga frantically try to secure more stock for the Champions League game against "A Scottish team".
The blackboard outside Tiles Bar and Bistro in Edinburgh became a social media sensation after their recent attempt to write the name of Celtic's opponents in match-day three of the 2016/17 Champions League. After a few failed attempts to write Borussia Mönchengladbach, the bar settled for A German Team.
The Bundesliga club responded well to the "A German team" naming and even the English version of the club's Twitter account was named A German Team.
So pleased were Die Fohlen Elf with their new moniker, the marketing department decided to produce a quantity of scarves for sale via the club's commercial outlets. 2,000 A German Team scarves were produced in the club's colours and sold out within 48 hours and with the visit of Celtic to Borussia Park tonight, the club are trying to secure more stock to meet demand.
Tiles Bistro famous blackboard
Meanwhile back in Edinburgh, Tiles Bistro have learned their lesson and tonight' patrons can enjoy a clash between "A German Team and A Glasgow Team".
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Lautaro Martínez's buy-out will drop to 111 million euros in July
- Premier League Chelsea eye Hazard goal replacement for UCL knockout
- Champions League Luke Shaw pokes fun at old Manchester United mate Lukaku
- SERIE A Napoli sack Ancelotti
- Liverpool 'greedy for more' in Champions League after booking last-16 spot
- Champions League Champions League last 16 taking shape ahead of Monday draw