According to Catalunya-based newspaper El Periódico, Barcelona's Public Prosecutor has opened investigations into Arsenal player Alexis Sánchez's fiscal activities while he was resident in Spain, claiming that the player defrauded the Inland Revenue of 983,443 euros during his time at Barcelona.
Prosecutor Miguel Ángel Pérez de Gregorio explained that in 2012 and 2013, Alexis failed to include income from the transfer of his image rights in the contract he signed with Barcelona in his annual income tax declaration. Sánchez is being accused of "actively withholding" taxes due on that income because he "simulated the transfer of those rights" to a Numidia Trading, am offshore company based in Malta.
Alexis is alleged to have failed to declare 587,677 euros in 2012 and 395,766 in 2013, nor did he include details of Numidia Trading in his declaration. El Periódico add that Alexis signed a contract with Barcelona which stated that he was the sole owner of his image rights despite having transferred them to Alsan in 2008 and Numidia in 2011.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Mbappé vs Bayern Munich Part 2: Champions League in numbers
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Transfer talk: Lingard attracts attention from Real Madrid, PSG, Inter...
- NBA Heat Check: Miles Bridges leads depleted Hornets, down week for Dame
- SERIE A "I can reach Haaland's level": Vlahovic's unstoppable rise
- REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos tests positive for Covid-19, Real Madrid confirms
- US NEWS Covid-19 and vaccine in the US live updates: rate, where and when to get it, eligibility