According to Catalunya-based newspaper El Periódico, Barcelona's Public Prosecutor has opened investigations into Arsenal player Alexis Sánchez's fiscal activities while he was resident in Spain, claiming that the player defrauded the Inland Revenue of 983,443 euros during his time at Barcelona.
Prosecutor Miguel Ángel Pérez de Gregorio explained that in 2012 and 2013, Alexis failed to include income from the transfer of his image rights in the contract he signed with Barcelona in his annual income tax declaration. Sánchez is being accused of "actively withholding" taxes due on that income because he "simulated the transfer of those rights" to a Numidia Trading, am offshore company based in Malta.
Alexis is alleged to have failed to declare 587,677 euros in 2012 and 395,766 in 2013, nor did he include details of Numidia Trading in his declaration. El Periódico add that Alexis signed a contract with Barcelona which stated that he was the sole owner of his image rights despite having transferred them to Alsan in 2008 and Numidia in 2011.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami will not be forced to change its name or logo
- REAL MADRID Arsenal make enquiry for Real Madrid's Odeegard
- BARCELONA Eric Garcia will arrive at Barcelona on free, says presidential candidate
- coronavirus Second stimulus check: how can I activate and withdraw cash from the EIP debit card?
- COPA DEL REY Alcoyano vs Real Madrid: Copa del Rey live online!
- UNITED STATES Biden inauguration live online: Celebrating America concert, Trump, speeches | updates today