Vallejo: Eintracht fearful of Real taking defender back early
Reports in Germany say Real Madrid's injury worries mean they may bid to recall the on-loan centre-half early from Eintracht Frankfurt.
Real Madrid's defensive injury issues are not only a cause of concern for head coach Zinedine Zidane, but also for Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt.
Both Pepe and Ramos out of action
That currently leaves Raphael Varane and Nacho Fernández as Zidane's only recognised senior alternatives at the heart of Los Merengues' defence.
Real could try to increase backline options
And Bild reports Madrid could bid to bolster their rearguard depth in January by bringing Jesús Vallejo back early from his year-long loan at the club.
Vallejo has been hit in Bundesliga
Vallejo, who is yet to play for Real since being signed in 2015, has earned rave reviews in Germany, establishing himself as a regular in the Eintracht defence.
Boss Niko Kovac has described the 19-year-old as a "machine", and Frankfurt are thought to be keen to extend his loan stay beyond the present campaign.
Bobic: "At the moment there's nothing to say"
Bild says recalling Vallejo prematurely would incur a sizeable financial penalty, with Frankfurt head of football Fredi Bobic cagey on a winter-transfer-window exit.
"We have a good relationship with Real Madrid, we talk regularly and we'll meet with them again," Bobic commented. "But at the moment there's nothing to say."
Vallejo has made 10 appearances in all competitions for Eintracht, who sit seventh in the 2016/17 Bundesliga standings.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Champions League draw: who can play who?
- EURO 2020 Spain to host Cristiano's Portugal in final Euro 2020 warm-up
- Carvajal tells Mbappe: The best play for Real Madrid
- LIVERPOOL Minamino: RB Salzburg confirm Liverpool talks for midfielder
- Champions League Juventus: Sarri eager to face José Mourinho in Champions League
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Carvajal up for Mbappé move and Cristiano final