Manchester United boss José Mourinho has been given a one-match touchline ban and fined by the Football Association over two separate incidents.
Punished for Burnley, Liverpool offences
Mourinho received the suspension and has been ordered to pay £8,000 for being sent to the stands in last weekend's 0-0 Premier League draw with Burnley.
The 53-year-old has also been fined £50,000 for his remarks about referee Anthony Taylor ahead of United's goalless stalemate with Liverpool on 17 October.
FA's statement on Mourinho rap
"An Independent Regulatory Commission heard that Mourinho accepted the comments he made on 14 October 2016 constituted improper conduct but denied they brought the game into disrepute," read an FA statement on Wednesday.
Jose Mourinho to serve one-match touchline ban after admitting FA charge: https://t.co/zaLiNkbKMs— The FA (@FA) 2 November 2016
"The Commission found the disrepute element of the charge proven and as well as being fined, Mourinho was warned as to his future conduct.
"Separate to this, Mourinho will serve an immediate one-match touchline ban after he admitted using abusive and/or insulting words towards a match official and accepted the standard penalty.
"The incident happened in or around the tunnel area during half-time of United's game against Burnley on 30 October 2016.
"As well as the suspension, the standard penalty for this breach of FA Rule E3 also includes an £8,000 fine."
Mou to watch from stands at Swansea
The Portuguese coach will serve his ban against Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid