Bale scores Real Madrid's fastest ever Champions League goal
Gareth Bale wrote his name into the Madrid history books in Los Merengues' Group F match away to Polish champions Legia Warsaw.
Gareth Bale celebrated his new Real Madrid contract with by making club history in Los Blancos' Champions League draw with Legia Warsaw on Wednesday night.
Superb first-minute strike in Warsaw
The Wales star, who put pen to paper on a new, six-year deal on Monday, gave Real the lead with a thunderous shot into the top corner after just 55 seconds.
The strike - Bale's second in Europe this season - is the fastest ever scored by a Madrid player in the competition.
Beats Benzema record from 2011
His effort is almost 30 seconds swifter than Real's previous quickest in the Champions League, netted by Karim Benzema against Dinamo Zagreb.
In a 6-2 group-stage victory over the Croatian side at the Bernabéu in November 2011, Frenchman Benzema put Real in front with 83 seconds on the clock.
Goles más rápidos del Real Madrid en UEFA Champions League:— MisterChip (Alexis) (@2010MisterChip) 2 November 2016
02.11.2016 BALE (a los 55 segundos)
22.11.2011 Benzema (a los 83 segundos)
Bale 45 seconds slower than Makaay
Bale's goal remains well short of the fastest overall in the Champions League, scored after 10.1 seconds by Bayern Munich's Roy Makaay against Real in 2007.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS What has the White House said about a fourth stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS Israeli forces continue attack on Gaza Strip: Why are Israel and Palestine at war?
- US NEWS $50 stimulus to pay internet bill eligibility: who can get it?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL Champions League final | Sam Kerr speaks ahead of Chelsea vs Barcelona
- LALIGA Granada 1-4 Real Madrid: result, summary, goals | LaLiga
- NBA Jokic a worthy MVP favourite, but don't count out Embiid