Champions League: Coentrao in first Real Madrid start in 543 days
Fabio Coentrao was in the line-up for Real's European draw at Legia Warsaw, 18 months after last beginning a game for the club.
Real Madrid's 3-3 Champions League draw away to Legia Warsaw on Wednesday saw left-back Fabio Coentrao enjoy his first start for the club in 543 days.
The Portuguese, signed by Real in 2011, spent last term on a season-long loan at Monaco, but is back in the Bernabéu first-team squad for the 2016/17 campaign.
Previous Real start came back in May 2015
After six months out with an injury suffered at Monaco, he had made his return to Madrid action last week as a Copa del Rey substitute at Cultural Leonesa.
And by beginning Los Blancos' Group F stalemate at Legia, the 28-year-old featured in a Real line-up for the first time since facing Valencia in LaLiga on 9 May 2015.
Coentrao played for 77 minutes in Poland, before being replaced by Marco Asensio.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Leo Messi retirement date not far away warns Valverde
- REAL MADRID Bale: Real Madrid forward breaks his injury record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: "The only thing I can say is Eriksen will be a free agent at the end of the season"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Baresi's words for Van Dijk akin to "praise from the king" says Klopp
- BOCA JUNIORS Maradona: "They have less foresight than the captain of the Titanic"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City: Arteta "ready" to manage but Pep hopes he stays