Valencia scouts in Lisbon to watch Benfica starlet Guedes
Los Che representatives were at the Estadio da Luz on Tuesday to run the rule over the 19-year-old winger, a transfer target for the club.
Valencia scouts were in Lisbon on Tuesday to watch Benfica starlet Gonçalo Guedes in action in his side's 1-0 Champions League win over Dynamo Kyiv.
Guedes: the 'new Ronaldo'
The LaLiga outfit are very keen on the winger, dubbed the 'new Cristiano Ronaldo', who at 19 has established himself as a fixture in the first team.
Since being handed his senior debut in 2014, the youth product has made 54 appearances in all competitions for Benfica, scoring six goals.
Guedes is attracting the attention of a number of clubs, and Valencia are thought to be considering moving in the winter transfer window.
Summer switch looks likelier
But with the player recently expressing a desire to stay put in the immediate term, a deal to take him to Mestalla next season appears more of a possibility.
"I'm not thinking about leaving in January," explained Guedes, who is under contract at the Estadio da Luz until 2021.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Lautaro Martínez's buy-out will drop to 111 million euros in July
- Premier League Chelsea eye Hazard goal replacement for UCL knockout
- Champions League Luke Shaw pokes fun at old Manchester United mate Lukaku
- SERIE A Napoli sack Ancelotti
- Liverpool 'greedy for more' in Champions League after booking last-16 spot
- Champions League Champions League last 16 taking shape ahead of Monday draw