Atletico Madrid´s Miguel Angel Gil Marin has been nominated for an award recognising the best CEOs in Europe at the Football Business Awards.
Gil Marin was nominated along with four other candidates: Nassar El-Khelaifi (PSG), Giuseppe Marotta (Juventus), Michael Schade (Bayer Leverkusen) and Eric Gudde (Feyenoord).
It is not the first time the Atletico Madrid boss has been rewarded for his business acumen as he won the prize for best director at the Globe Soccer Awards in 2010, beating his rivals from Barcelona, Chelsea and Milan.
The awards take place at the Emirates Stadium in London today, the home of Arsenal Football Club.
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid