Aduriz the first Spaniard to hit five in Europe in 51 years
Athletic Club's Aritz Aduriz is also the oldest ever player to manage such a goal haul in a single game in European club competition.
Aritz Aduriz on Thursday became the first Spanish player to score five in the same game in a European club fixture since the mid-1960s.
Aduriz emulates Zaldua
The striker netted all of Athletic Club's goals as Los Leones beat Genk 5-3 in the Europa League group stage at San Mamés.
The last Spaniard to manage the feat was Barcelona's José Antonio Zaldua, who bagged five against Utrecht in the Fairs Cup in 1965.
Oldest scorer of a repóker in Europe
At 35, Aduriz also becomes the oldest footballer ever to rack up a five-goal haul in a single match in continental competition.
ALL TIME RECORD - Aritz Aduriz is the oldest player (35 years) to score five goals in a single european competition game EVER.— MisterChip (English) (@MisterChiping) 3 November 2016
The full lowdown on the Athletic ace's exploits against Genk can be found here.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 ADVANCE CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: which families might need to opt out?
- NBA Sensational Booker leads Suns to Game 1 win over Clippers
- BOXING What is Tyson Fury's boxing record?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...
- BOXING Who won the first and second Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fights?
- EURO 2020 Group A at Euro 2021: scores, standings and who progresses to the round of 16