Leganés facing injury crisis ahead of Real Madrid clash
Alberto Brignoli, Rober, Mamadou Koné, Adrián Marín and Toni Dovale all missed training, leaving Garitano with a squad of 18 for the Bernabéu.
Leganés carried out their penultimate training session ahead of the trip to the Bernabéu on Sunday with several key figures missing. Alberto Brignoli, Rober, Mamadou Koné, Adrián Marín and Toni Dovale all missed training with various physical problems that place their participation against Real Madrid in doubt and leaves Leganés boss Asier Garitano with a squad of 18 for the Bernabéu.
Diego Barrios to come in for Brignoli
In the absence of back-up keeper Brignoli, youth team stopper Diego Barrios will come in to the squad.
Ramos, Pepe and Casemiro out
Garitano kept his cards close to his chest during the session and gave few clues as to his possible line-up for the match. In Saturday’s final session before taking on the European champions, which will be conducted behind closed doors, the Leganés coach will fine-tune his plans as the side aim to capitalize on Real’s uncertain form and absences in defence, with Sergio Ramos and Pepe sidelined along with midfield linchpin Casemiro.
Te recomendamos en English
- Opta stats Diabolical defending: Europe's top five leagues in 2019-20
- International UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'
- LIVERPOOL Birthday Boy Brewster could be the answer for Klopp
- Nubel will learn behind Neuer at Bayern Munich, says Kahn
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's Dani Ceballos needs 'importance' at Arsenal
- REAL MADRID | SAGNA Sagna: "I see Pogba closer to Juventus than Real Madrid because of Cristiano"