Ex-Atletico coach Pepe Murcia in critical condition after heart attack
Murcia, who is currently manager of Legrius Inter in Finland, went into cardiac arrest during training on Friday. He coached Atletico Madrid for a 21-game spell in the 2005/06 season.
Ex-Atletico Madrid coach Pepe Murcia is in critical condition after suffering a heart attack in Finland.
Stable but critical state
Murcia, who is currently manager of Legrius Inter, went into cardiac arrest during training on Friday. According to El Larguero the 51-year old was near death after he was initially unable to be revived, however he is now in a stable but critical state in a Helsinki hospital.
During his career as a player Murica played for hometown Córdoba before going on to coach the side. He later took charge of Atlético Madrid reserves before taking over as first-team coach for a spell of 21 games in 2005/06, replacing Carlos Bianchi.
After leaving Atleti, Murcia went on to coach Xerez, Castellón, Celta, Albacete and Salamanca. He started as Legrius Inter coach in June this year.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- United States Who is investigating Donald Trump's companies over fraud?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Valencia star Ferrán Torres
- European football Champions League and Europa League return: where is it happening and how will it work?
- Madrid Open cancelled due to coronavirus