Real Madrid round-up: Casemiro removed from Brazil squad
Casemiro removed from Brazil squad while Toni Kroos in Germany's and Keylor Navas receives backing from former Real player.
Casemiro removed from Brazil squad
Brazilian manager Tite named Casemiro in his squad to play against Argentina (10th November) and Peru (15th November) but yesterday the Brazilian football federation removed the Real Madrid player as he has not yet recovered from an injury to his fibula. The holding midfielder has not played since Real's 2-0 victory over Espanyol on September 18th.
Kroos will only play against San Marino
Jogi Loew has named his squad for the upcoming Germany internationals against San Marino (11th November) and Italy (15th November) and Toni Kroos has been named, but he will only play in the World Cup qualifier against San Marino and not the friendly four days later against the Italians.
Raul's son scoring goals in New York
Raul's eldest son, Jorge Gonzalez, is already earning plaudits from the press in North America. The 16-year-old, who is attending Fordham Prep in New York, helped his team to victory in extra-time in the conference championship game in New York with a goal that his father would have been proud of.
Former Real Madrid keeper has Keylor's back
Bodo Illgner, goalkeeper for Real Madrid from 1996 until 2001, has defended Keylor Navas on the German website Real Total saying, "I don't think signing De Gea is necessary. There is not need to spend money on a position that is already well covered."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections