Cristiano Ronaldo could sign new contract on Monday
Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo have secured an agreement to extend the player's contract until 2021. The news will be made official in the next few hours
Cristiano new contract agreed
Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo have areached an agreement to amplify the player's contract by three seasons, taking him to June 2021. Under the terms of the new arrangement, Cristiano will also see his pay packet substantially raised.
Madrid will make the news official in the next few hours, probably following today's league meeting with Leganés. The club has planned for Cristiano to sign his new contract at an event at the Bernabéu tomorrow. In contrast to previous contract renewals, Madrid will be able to stage the event in the VIP lounge. Cristiano will be 36 years and 145 days when the new contract expires.
Pepe and Isco
The operation forms part of Real Madrid's recent policy of renewing the contracts of several first team squad players: Kroos, Modric, Lucas Vázquez, Bale... in the short term, only the contracts of Isco and Pepe remain to be reviewed - the centre-back will be able to start negotiating with other clubs from January and could leave on a free in June.
Te recomendamos en English
- European championship Zlatan Ibrahimovic back in Sweden team for World Cup qualifiers
- NBA Jazz stars Mitchell and Gobert fined by NBA after outbursts
- REAL MADRID | BENZEMA Benzema: "My life has changed..."
- NFL Eagles' Jason Kelce holds off retirement to return for 2021 season
- NBA All-Star Game Jazz's Conley earns NBA All-Star selection to replace Booker
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, Senate votation, status and IRS tax