Roma consider coming back for Nacho in January
After injuries to Thomas Vermaelen, Fazio and Manolas, the Serie A side have been caught short at the back and are set to return for summer-transfer target Nacho in January.
Last July, Serie A side Roma signed Thomas Vermaelen to strengthen their defense, thus ruling out a possible arrival of Real Madrid’s Nacho Fernandez.
Roma's defensive crisis
However the Belgian centreback, as was the case at Barcelona, is already plagued with physical problems, which has made the Italian team consider his departure in the summer. In addition, long-term injuries to Fazio and Manolas have left the club short at the back.
Faced with this dilemma, Roma will return to scan the market for a centreback in order to bolster their rearguard in January. Among the primary candidates, as he was in summer, is Nacho Fernandez according to Calciomercato.
Negotiations set be revived
The Los Blancos man, who scored a stunning volley in the Copa del Rey recently, has evidently not been forgotten by Roma. And with Nacho apparently having requested more minutes at Real Madrid, the Italians will be looking to revive negotiations over the 26-year old in the New Year.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Nintendo Direct conference & Treehouse at E3 2021: times, stream online, and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Coronavirus US: Pfizer vs Moderna vaccine side effects
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why are Olympics named like that? Origin and meaning
- US News IRS delays: Is identity theft delaying stimulus checks and tax refunds?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?