Nice can clinch Ligue 1 title says Balotelli
Aiming to bounce back from difficult times at Liverpool and AC Milan, misfit Mario Balotelli says his adopted club Nice can lift the French title.
Aiming to bounce back from difficult times at Liverpool and AC Milan, misfit Mario Balotelli believes his adopted club Nice can lift the French league title.
Nice are unbeaten in 11 games and top the table, three points clear of Monaco. They are six points ahead of big spenders Paris Saint-Germain, helped by a Balotelli purple patch of seven goals in eight games.
Balotelli was asked if he sees Nice holding on to their lead and go onto win their first domestic league title since 1959. “It's possible but it will be difficult. We've only played 11 games. But I'm here to win something so I think it's possible”, the strikertold TF1's Telefoot programme on Sunday.
“Nice were a good side, even without Mario” he joked. “I am happy, We are top of the league. But that isn't enough for me”.
Ventura not convinced
His feats have not been enough to persuade Italy coach Giampiero Ventura to hand him a recall. Balotelli has been left out of the squad for this month’s 2018 World Cup qualifier against Liechtenstein and a friendly against Germany. The 26-year-old has not featured for the national side since the 2014 World Cup
Balotelli is in action later on Sunday when Nice travel to struggling Caen.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA AMERICA Uruguay fire blank in Argentina loss but Tabarez's legend grows
- EURO 2020 Portugal in form but can Ronaldo, Santos and co be fun?
- REAL MADRID Pau Torres, a future option for Real Madrid
- SERIE A Mourinho ready for Roma challenge after past mistakes
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid ready to sell Jovic
- NBA Which teams have played in the NBA Eastern Conference finals the most?