Sakho determined to revive flagging Liverpool career
Mamadou Sakho pledged to make his future with Liverpool work in spite of Jürgen Klopp overlooking him this season
Determined to stay at Anfield
Mamadou Sakho has pledged to make his future with Liverpool work - despite being overlooked by manager Jürgen Klopp.
“I'm still determined, I'm working hard”, the centre-back told French broadcaster TF1's Telefoot programme.
Sakho has yet to feature for the Reds this season and was speaking after playing for the reserves in Saturday’s 3-0 win over Huddersfield.
The 26-year-old defender was suspended last April after a positive doping test before being cleared of wrongdoing in July - too late to be able to appear in the Europa League final or Euro 2016. An Achilles tendon strain then prevented him from regaining match fitness in the summer and he swiftly fell down the pecking order.
Media reports suggested a fallout with the club hierarchy and also that Sakho had turned down loan offers from Stoke City, West Bromwich Albion and Turkish outfit Beşiktaş.
France coach Didier Deschamps told Telefoot that the player's situation appears very complicated and he may be better off looking elsewhere for regular action. “I don't think he is very happy - a solution could be to find another club in the winter break”.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS IRS checks: what does tax refund 30 mean?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos will be back one day, says Toni Kroos
- NFL Carl Nassib announcement "historical landmark" for NFL - Ryan Russell
- EURO 2020 Euro 2021 Group E: scores, standings and who progresses to the round of 16
- NBA Coach Tyronn Lue hopes the home arena ambiance will help indisposed Clippers
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: why could the US be the next country hit with the delta variant?