Cristiano Ronaldo let his frustrations show during this afternoon's win over Leganés. The Portuguese forward rapped Gareth Bale at the start of the second half when the Welshman shot on goal without spotting his team mate arriving unmarked at the back post. Serantes saved Bale's shot, denying him his hat trick.
Cristiano had looked particularly nervous right from the start of the game - he was showed a yellow card on 16 minutes for protesting to referee Antonio Mateu Lahoz then lashed a ball into the stands when clean through on goal. It was the first game this season where he didn't have a single shot on target. His tally for the season in the league stands at five goals, three of them scored last week at Alavés, and before that match he had gone five games without finding the net. He has scored seven goals in all competitions this term.
Cristiano is level with Bale as the team's joint-second top scorer, just behind Álvaro Morata who has eight goals. Today's meeting with Leganés was the fifth consecutive game in which he has not scored at the Bernabéu following home games against Villarreal, Eibar, Legia and Athletic Club.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Coronavirus: PFA and Premier League discuss player wages
- REAL MADRID Meunier: "I didn't injure Hazard, he made contact with me"
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 2 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map, 2 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...
- International UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'