Morata: "I've never been kicked so much as during today's game"
The striker was on target again bagging Madrid's third and has now scored six goals in his past six games: "My dream is to be a regular starter for Madrid".
Real Madrid's Álvaro Morata is currently the club's top scorer bagging his eighth (in all domestic competition for RM) today as Real Madrid saw off Leganes 3-0 at the Santiango Bernabeu.
After the game he stopped to speak to the media at the mixed zone with the 24 year old claiming that Leganes were excessively physical, "It's possibly the game when I've been most kicked by the opposing team. That's football I guess".
He added that his dream is to secure a regular place in the Real Madrid starting XI and to keep scoring. The Madrid born forward has scored four LaLiga goals, two Copa del Rey strikes and was on target against Sporting and Legia in the 2016/17 Champions League making him current top marksman at the club with his eight goals. The forward even bagged two goals for the Spanish national team in their demolition of lowly Liechtenstein in a recent World Cup qualifier.
Morata did have world of consolation for colleague Cristiano Ronaldo: “He's not a machine. If he was he'd bag five goals every game. He's a great player and in my eyes the best."
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA AMERICA Uruguay fire blank in Argentina loss but Tabarez's legend grows
- EURO 2020 Portugal in form but can Ronaldo, Santos and co be fun?
- REAL MADRID Pau Torres, a future option for Real Madrid
- SERIE A Mourinho ready for Roma challenge after past mistakes
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid ready to sell Jovic
- NBA Which teams have played in the NBA Eastern Conference finals the most?