Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid confirm contract renewal
Real have announced that the Portuguese ace is to sign a three-year extension to his deal in a ceremony at the Bernabéu on Monday.
Champions League semi-final first leg: Real Madrid-Atletico live.
Real Madrid have confirmed that forward Cristiano Ronaldo is to extend his contract at the club, committing to Los Blancos until 30 June 2021.
Three-year extension at Real
In a statement on their website on Sunday, Real revealed Cristiano will put pen to paper on renewed terms in a ceremony at the Bernabéu on Monday at 13:30 CET.
The 31-year-old Portugal captain, whose previous deal was due to expire in 2018, is set to net a substantial pay rise as part of the agreement.
Madrid's highest ever scorer
Since moving to Madrid in summer 2009, Cristiano has won one LaLiga title, two Copas del Rey, two Champions Leagues, one Spanish Super Cup, two UEFA Super Cups and one FIFA Club World Cup, in addition to two FIFA Ballons d'Or.
He has netted 371 goals in 360 Real appearances in all competitions, overtaking Raúl González Blanco as the capital club's all-time leading scorer in 2015.
The former Manchester United and Sporting Lisbon man also helped his national side to glory at the 2016 European Championship in France in July.
CR7 latest Real star to pen renewal
The announcement comes in the wake of the recent new contracts signed by team-mates Toni Kroos, Luka Modric, Lucas Vázquez and Gareth Bale.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?