Van Persie could have lost eye after suffering horrific injury
The Dutch star had to be stretchered off after being elbowed during Fenerbahce's league win over Akhisar Belediyespor on Sunday.
Striker Robin van Persie sustained a gruesome eye injury in Fenerbache's 3-1 Süper Lig victory over Akhisar Belediyespor on Sunday evening.
The Dutchman, who had given his side the lead after 26 minutes, had to be stretchered off late on in the first half after an elbow by Abdoul Sissoko.
Van Persie left with "torn eyelid"
Van Persie left the pitch with a bandage over a bloodied left eye, with Fenerbahce doctor John Kunduracıoğlu later confirming he had suffered a "torn eyelid".
Despite initial fears he could lose the eye, Kunduracıoğlu said he was in a "good condition", with the 33-year-old thought not to have suffered damage to his vision.
Te recomendamos en English
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Khabib reveals Ronaldo's biggest fear for Cristiano Jr.
- NEW MOVIE RELEASES Space Jam 2: release date, trailer, images, cast, plot
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return: can I get interest if my refund comes late?
- Coronavirus Blood type might affect covid-19 infection: how and what types?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: how many people will lose out under new income limit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS What is a Head of Household and how does it affect the size of stimulus checks?