Van Persie could have lost eye after suffering horrific injury
The Dutch star had to be stretchered off after being elbowed during Fenerbahce's league win over Akhisar Belediyespor on Sunday.
Striker Robin van Persie sustained a gruesome eye injury in Fenerbache's 3-1 Süper Lig victory over Akhisar Belediyespor on Sunday evening.
The Dutchman, who had given his side the lead after 26 minutes, had to be stretchered off late on in the first half after an elbow by Abdoul Sissoko.
Van Persie left with "torn eyelid"
Van Persie left the pitch with a bandage over a bloodied left eye, with Fenerbahce doctor John Kunduracıoğlu later confirming he had suffered a "torn eyelid".
Despite initial fears he could lose the eye, Kunduracıoğlu said he was in a "good condition", with the 33-year-old thought not to have suffered damage to his vision.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA HEAT CHECK NBA: George, Middleton make moves but half-fit Harden hinders Nets
- Olympic Games Tokyo Olympics without fans a 'definite possibility' - Japan PM
- FC BARCELONA Barcelona's Laporta says Super League will still go ahead
- FOOTBALL Barcelona: Laporta out to bring Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi together
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...
- NBA Booker plays down first triple-double after Suns take Game 1