Van Persie could have lost eye after suffering horrific injury
The Dutch star had to be stretchered off after being elbowed during Fenerbahce's league win over Akhisar Belediyespor on Sunday.
Striker Robin van Persie sustained a gruesome eye injury in Fenerbache's 3-1 Süper Lig victory over Akhisar Belediyespor on Sunday evening.
The Dutchman, who had given his side the lead after 26 minutes, had to be stretchered off late on in the first half after an elbow by Abdoul Sissoko.
Van Persie left with "torn eyelid"
Van Persie left the pitch with a bandage over a bloodied left eye, with Fenerbahce doctor John Kunduracıoğlu later confirming he had suffered a "torn eyelid".
Despite initial fears he could lose the eye, Kunduracıoğlu said he was in a "good condition", with the 33-year-old thought not to have suffered damage to his vision.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch