Balotelli says he wouldn't give Balon d'Or to Cristiano OR Messi
Nice striker Mario Balotelli revealed to French TV show Teléfoot that he felt another player was more deserving of the award in front of favourites Cristiano Ronalso and Lionel Messi.
Mario Balotelli has always marched to the beat of his own drum. So when it came to choosing his favourite for the Balon d’Or it was no exception.
The Italian striker, currently at Ligue 1 side Nice, has said that he wouldn’t give the honour of world’s best player to either Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi (winners of the last eight Balon d’Or trophies and favourites for the 2016 prize), but to someone else.
“This year I would give it to [Luis] Suárez,” he told the French TV show Teléfoot.
Viewers choose Cristiano
In a poll run by the show, Teléfoot viewers didn’t agree with Balotelli however. 50% of people would choose Cristiano Ronaldo as the winner, followed by Atletico Madrid’s French forward Antoine Griezmann (28%) and then Lionel Messi (18%).
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...