Juventus Serie A tilt hit by Barzagli injury
The 35-year-old central defender will miss important games against Sevilla, Roma and Milan during his time on the sideline.
Juventus' Italy defender Andrea Barzagli will be out of action for about two months after sustaining a shoulder injury in the 2-1 win at Chievo in Serie A on Sunday.
'The defender's arm will be in a sling for the next four weeks with a return to action scheduled for approximately two months' time,' the Italian champions said on Monday.
Barzagli, capped 65 times, will miss Italy's Group G World Cup qualifier away to Liechtenstein on Saturday and the friendly against Germany on Nov. 15. The 35-year-old will be replaced in the Italy squad by Fiorentina defender Davide Astori, who has 12 caps.
Italy coach Giampiero Ventura, whose team are level on seven points behind group leaders Spain after three games, will also be without two other regulars from Juve Giorgio Chiellini and Claudio Marchisio. Serie A leaders Juventus host third-bottom side Pescara on Nov. 19 after the international break.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win