Juventus Serie A tilt hit by Barzagli injury
The 35-year-old central defender will miss important games against Sevilla, Roma and Milan during his time on the sideline.
Juventus' Italy defender Andrea Barzagli will be out of action for about two months after sustaining a shoulder injury in the 2-1 win at Chievo in Serie A on Sunday.
'The defender's arm will be in a sling for the next four weeks with a return to action scheduled for approximately two months' time,' the Italian champions said on Monday.
Barzagli, capped 65 times, will miss Italy's Group G World Cup qualifier away to Liechtenstein on Saturday and the friendly against Germany on Nov. 15. The 35-year-old will be replaced in the Italy squad by Fiorentina defender Davide Astori, who has 12 caps.
Italy coach Giampiero Ventura, whose team are level on seven points behind group leaders Spain after three games, will also be without two other regulars from Juve Giorgio Chiellini and Claudio Marchisio. Serie A leaders Juventus host third-bottom side Pescara on Nov. 19 after the international break.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem