Real Sociedad, just one penalty miss in eight seasons
The only miss from the spot in this time came in 2012 against Real Betis when Imanol Agirretxe failed to convert from 11m.
Real Sociedad were on target on two occasions on Saturday as spot kicks from Carlos Vela and Willian José were enough to secure maximum points at Anoeta with a 2-0 win over Atletico Madrid.
The San Sebastian club have the best recent accuracy record in Spanish football with the "Txuriurdin" just missing one kick from the eleven meter mark in the past eight seasons and that came back in 2012 when Imanol Agirretxe failed to convert in a game against Real Betis.
Xabi Prieto is La Real's regular penalty taker but on Saturday was happy to let Vela and Jose have their opportunity from the 12 yard mark.
Prieto has the best personal record of penalty takers currently active in LaLiga having scored with 21 of his 22 spot kicks during his time with Real Sociedad since breaking into the first team in 2003.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?