Joaquín Caparrós poised to take the reins at Osasuna
The Andalucian coach has agreed terms with Osasuna to take the coaching post left after Enrique Martín was sacked. He could be presented in Pamplona this evening.
Joaquín Caparrós will become Osasuna's new coach as from today. The club's board of directors agreed terms with the Utrera-born coach, who could be officially unveiled in the next few hours. Osasuna president Luis Sabalza and his directors approved Caparrós to take over the post left vacant following Enrique Martín's dismissal yesterday. Caparrós, who has held managerial positions with Sevilla, Athletic Club, Deportivo and more recently Levante and Granada, will travel from Madrid to Pamplona this afternoon to sign his contract and be preseneted to the fans.
Caparrós' assistant will be Luciano Martín Toscano, who he coached in the 90s when he was playing in Recreativo's reserves and who accompanied the coach during his stints at Athletic, Granada, Mallorca and Levante. His arrival signals the departure of Javi Ramos, Enrique Martín's right-hand man.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea and Manchester City ask UEFA to move Champions League final to Wembley
- ROMA VS MAN UTD Roma vs Manchester United live online: Europa League semi-final second leg
- MAYWEATHER VS LOGAN PAUL What are the covid-19 restrictions for the Mayweather vs Logan Paul fight?
- CORONAVIRUS US What percentage of vaccination is needed for herd immunity?
- WORLD NEWS Chinese rocket launch failure: what happened and what are the consequences?