Joaquín Caparrós poised to take the reins at Osasuna
The Andalucian coach has agreed terms with Osasuna to take the coaching post left after Enrique Martín was sacked. He could be presented in Pamplona this evening.
Joaquín Caparrós will become Osasuna's new coach as from today. The club's board of directors agreed terms with the Utrera-born coach, who could be officially unveiled in the next few hours. Osasuna president Luis Sabalza and his directors approved Caparrós to take over the post left vacant following Enrique Martín's dismissal yesterday. Caparrós, who has held managerial positions with Sevilla, Athletic Club, Deportivo and more recently Levante and Granada, will travel from Madrid to Pamplona this afternoon to sign his contract and be preseneted to the fans.
Caparrós' assistant will be Luciano Martín Toscano, who he coached in the 90s when he was playing in Recreativo's reserves and who accompanied the coach during his stints at Athletic, Granada, Mallorca and Levante. His arrival signals the departure of Javi Ramos, Enrique Martín's right-hand man.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check today: when to expect, Biden relief plan and IRS payment | Live updates
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what tributes and memories have been shared?
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what's known about the helicopter crash?
- REAL MADRID Sales and loan deals see Madrid generate €102M for Mbappé
- FOOTBALL 'Daniel Agger' arrested in Moscow protests
- SERIE A Ibrahimovic close to goals milestone ahead of Milan derby