Óliver: "I never thought Casillas would be such a nice person"
The young midfielder, on loan from Atlético, told 'Deportes COPE': "I'm not closing any doors but right now I am only thinking about Porto".
Óliver Torres is back in Madrid with Spain's Under-21 squad but before joining his team mates in Las Rozas, he spoke to Deportes COPE radio. The young midfielder, who is on a season-long at Porto from Atlético said he remains open about possibly returning to Atleti, saying, "I'm not closing any doors but right now I am only thinking about Porto".
Regarding his departure from the Calderón, Óliver added: "Not being able to carve out a regular place in the team at Atleti was a bit of a sore point for me for a while. Our paths went in different directions, it wasn't the right moment. Maybe it was just that I was still in a stage of development, I found myself unable to me adapt, the style of play didn't suit me... but I did make an effort, I worked hard to fit in”.
Casillas, nice bloke
As for his new life in Porto, he says he is enjoying living by the Douro: "I love the city, the people are really well-educated and polite. I was keen to go back and that was possible last summer". And the 21-year-old also spoke about his relationship with Porto keeper Iker Casillas: "He's really surprised me. I'd see him on televsiion, but after getting to know him, I could never have imagined that he would be such a nice person. And he's doing really well at the moment; he's not leeting in many goals and he's saved us in quite a few games”.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Paris still displaying Neymar love
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Spanish government say Clásico at Camp Nou is 'not sensible'
- BARCELONA Barcelona change Eibar travel plans to avoid Catalan strike
- PREMIER LEAGUE Dier urges Spurs to "embrace the situation" they have created
- FC Barcelona Messi's greatest goals across 15 years at Camp Nou
- SERIE A Alexis Sanchez ankle surgery goes "exactly as planned"