Spain now know their rivals in the group phase of Euro 2017. The Spanish side are set to face England, Scotland and Iberian peninsula neighbors Portugal in Group D.
OFICIAL | Inglaterra, Escocia y Portugal serán nuestros rivales en la Eurocopa femenina de Holanda https://t.co/cXX3LifKxc— Selección Española (@SeFutbol) November 8, 2016
Big guns avoided
Despite finishing the,selves in a tough group, Vilda's side did manages to avoid European heavyweights Germany (winners of the last six tournaments) and France (currently no.2 in the UEFA ranking) in this evening's draw held in Rotterdam.
July 19 opener
La Roja get their campaign underway on Wednesday July 19 against the Portuguese and then face England the following Sunday. The final Group D game for Spain is against Scotland on the 27th with the top two from the four groups progressing to the next phase of the competition.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid won't let Brazilians play in Pre-Olympics
- MANCHESTER UNITED "Haaland knows what he wants to do", says Man United boss Solskjaer
- TOTTENHAM Mourinho hails Tottenham unity in Wolves win
- Milan need too many chances to score, says Pioli
- BARCELONA Griezmann on debut Clásico: "It's going to be an incredible day"
- RAYO - ALBACETE Rayo-Albacete game suspended after nazi insults to Zozulia