Manuel Pellegrini cited as possible replacement at Betis
Radio Sevilla report that the Chilean coach would be the "expensive" option should Real Betis decide to replace Gustavo Poyet.
Real Betis have approached Manuel Pellegrini as a potential substitute to Gustavo Poyet according to reports from Radio Sevilla. The Chilean coach is currently working in the Chinese Super League after being replaced at Manchester City this summer by Pep Guardiola. The main obstacle for the Sevilla based side at present is of a financial nature.
Pellegrini is currently reported to earn an annual four million euro at Hebei China Fortune and Real Betis recently reported that their budget limit to strengthen the squad has a limit of 700.000 euro which initially was destined to strengthen the squad in the winter market.
Gus Poyet's severance pay would also see the LaLiga club forced to cover the two year contract which the Uruguayan signed in May and this would also impact financially on the club's already troubled economic situation.
Te recomendamos en English
- FA CUP FINAL 2021 Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City result, goals, summary, highlights | FA Cup Final 2021
- LaLiga Barcelona - Celta: times, TV & how to watch online
- Euro 2020 Zlatan Ibrahimovic ruled out of Euro 2020
- NBA NBA: Mavericks coach stresses importance of avoiding play-in
- US News Where to get 12-15 year old kids vaccinated in New York
- NBA Doc Rivers: top seed part of journey to ultimate goal for 76ers