Manuel Pellegrini cited as possible replacement at Betis
Radio Sevilla report that the Chilean coach would be the "expensive" option should Real Betis decide to replace Gustavo Poyet.
Real Betis have approached Manuel Pellegrini as a potential substitute to Gustavo Poyet according to reports from Radio Sevilla. The Chilean coach is currently working in the Chinese Super League after being replaced at Manchester City this summer by Pep Guardiola. The main obstacle for the Sevilla based side at present is of a financial nature.
Pellegrini is currently reported to earn an annual four million euro at Hebei China Fortune and Real Betis recently reported that their budget limit to strengthen the squad has a limit of 700.000 euro which initially was destined to strengthen the squad in the winter market.
Gus Poyet's severance pay would also see the LaLiga club forced to cover the two year contract which the Uruguayan signed in May and this would also impact financially on the club's already troubled economic situation.
Te recomendamos en English
- European football Cristiano Ronaldo hands Kylian Mbappé the throne
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' contract talks are complicated
- Transfer talk PSG's Icardi could move to Juventus, suggests his agent
- Transfer talk Real Madrid and Man Utd target Van de Beek: Ajax hopeful
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability