Trump win puts Los Angeles Olympic bid 2024 at risk
The racist, xenophobic, sexist profile of president-elect Donald Trump could well see the Los Angeles Olympic bid lose votes as the US city aims to host the Games in 2024.
Trump seen as bad news for LA 2024
Donald Trump's surprise victory in the US presidential elections could prove to be a major obstacle for Los Angeles' bid to host the Olympic Games in 2024.
The project's organising committee fears that the racist, xenophobic and sexist image of Trump could see the LA candidacy lose votes in the race against Paris, Rome and Budapest.
Trump profile could scare many Olympic representatives
The fear of the LA 2024 committee is that the new president's profile could scare the Olympic representatives of Arab and Latin-American countries, as well as those concerned with women's rights, according to sources close to the LA bid, as revealed to USA Today.
Trump as catastrophic as the 'Big One' earthquake
The triumph of Trump, who was a torch bearer at the 2004 Athens games, is seen by the LA bid as a catastrophe, according to L'Equipe, equivalent in terms of its negative effect to that of the Big One, an earthquake of magnitude 8 or greater that seismologists predict will hit the San Andreas fault, producing devastation across the region.
IOC to announce 2024 decision in September 2017
The International Olympic Committee will confirm during December which cities will be candidates for the 2024 Games, with the decision being announced on 13 September 2017 in Lima, Peru.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami will allow fans to attend match against Orlando City
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Latest News USA When does daylight saving time end in the USA and when do the clocks go back?
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why is McConnell advising against the deal?
- Football Raja Casablanca petition CAF to postpone Zamalek match