Sergio Ramos is battling to be fit for the Madrid derby against Atlético in the Calderón and has been putting in the hours at the gym at Real Madrid’s Valdebebas training complex.
The Real captain injured his left knee playing for Spain against Albania on October 10 after an awkward fall and was ruled out for around a month with a strain.
Real injury crisis
It is anticipated within the club that Ramos will be available to play against Atlético after the international break, easing the injury crisis at Real a little. Casemiro has been all-but ruled out as he continues to recover from a fractured fibula while Pepe is also on the sidelines. Toni Kroos will also be out of action for around six weeks after fracturing a bone in his foot in the victory over Leganés.
Ramos started running again two weeks ago and should be able to resume full training in the week leading up the first derby of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021