Gol Sur 1907, a supporters’ association that groups together the main peñas, or fan clubs, at Real Betis’ Villamarín stadium have let it be known that they will boycott home matches unless the board dispenses with the services of Gus Poyet.
"We will not go to the stadium until Poyet goes"
Ahead of Betis’ next home fixture, on Friday November 18, Gol Sur 1907 issued a statement: “The peñas that make up Gol Sur 1907 have held a meeting and decided that we will not go to the Villamarín until the board sacks Poyet.”
Betis board "studying the situation"
Betis president Ángel Haro said on Wednesday that the board is “studying the matter, working on the situation. Betis fans can relax,” suggesting that Poyet’s days are numbered. Manuel Pellegrini has been linked with the job and it seems inevitable that Betis will part company when a replacement is found, taking advantage of the international break to bed a new manager in.
"Poyet, leave now"
In the meantime, Poyet has taken first team training this week. However, he cannot have been immune to the chants ringing out around the Villamarín during the 6-1 defeat to Real Madrid: “Poyet, leave now.” The same refrain was taken up by the entire stadium during Betis’ 1-0 home defeat against Espanyol last weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid