Umtiti, injured on duty with France, returns to Barcelona
The Barcelona central defender abandoned the France camp after pulling a hamstring tendon. Deschamps has called in Eliaquim Mangala as a replacement.
Umtiti in the wars
It certainly won't be music to Luis Enrique's ears. The French Football Federation (FFF) confirmed this evening that Samuel Umtiti picked up an injury in today's training session and will immediately return to Barcelona where he will be examined by Barcelona's medical team. The central defender suffered a pull to the tendon to his left hamstring. His place in the squad will go to Valencia's Eliaquim Mangala. Only yesterday, Umtiti spoke to the media and was expecting to start Friday's 2018 World Cup qualifier against Sweden.
Fitness issues at the back
It's Umtiti's second injury this season - he suffered damage to the ligament in his left knee in training just before the Week 5 meeting with Atlético de Madrid. Looking on the bright side, yesterday, Gerard Piqué posted photographs of how his recovery is coming along as the Blaugranas gear up for a busy pre-Christmas run-in with games against Málaga, Real Sociedad and Real Madrid in the league; Celtic and Borussia Mönchengladbach in the Champions League and Hércules in the Copa del Rey.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend