Raúl and Chicharito up for best latino goal in Bundesliga history
The scooped goal for Schalke 04's Spaniard against FC Köln is one of the five shortlisted for the vote that will be decided by fans. Which do you think should win?
Castillian class in Cologne
The beautifully scooped goal that Raúl scored in Cologne in August of 2011 when at Schalke 04 has been nominated in the five best goals by a latino player in the history of the Bundesliga. That lob against FC Köln was chosen as the goal of the season in 2011, and also sits as the second best in the history of Schalke 04.
It will be up to the fans of the German top flight who will ultimately take the honour in a poll that opens today on behalf of the official Bundesliga site.
Tough competition for the Madrid legend
Competing with the Spanish legend are Arturo Vidal (Bayern Munich), Grafite (Wolfsburg), Chicharito (Bayer Leverkusen) and Pizarro (Werder Bremen).
In his two seasons at the Gelsenkirchen club, the ex-Real Madrid striker played in 98 games scoring 40 goals in the process. In the league alone he contested 66 games with a return of 28 goals.
The chance to vote will close on Monday November 14.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?