Manchester United are ready to pay off unwanted German midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger to the tune of €11m so that he leaves the club, according to various German media outlets.
United have reportedly already offered the 32-year old the eight-figure fee as way of compensation in exchange for terminating his contract.
Schweinsteiger, who has been forced to train with the reserves since Jose Mourinho arrived in Manchester, currently has a deal that runs until 2018, in which time the German’s would salary would amount to €18m.
If the club and the ostracised player can come to an agreement, it would potentially save the Reds €7m. While it could be looked at the other way – a €7m loss for Schweinsteiger – the former Bayern Munich man would be free to look for another club immediately, giving him chance to make up the deficit.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 England vs Scotland: Euro 2020 live online today
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: could it be approved before July?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?