Manchester United are ready to pay off unwanted German midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger to the tune of €11m so that he leaves the club, according to various German media outlets.
United have reportedly already offered the 32-year old the eight-figure fee as way of compensation in exchange for terminating his contract.
Schweinsteiger, who has been forced to train with the reserves since Jose Mourinho arrived in Manchester, currently has a deal that runs until 2018, in which time the German’s would salary would amount to €18m.
If the club and the ostracised player can come to an agreement, it would potentially save the Reds €7m. While it could be looked at the other way – a €7m loss for Schweinsteiger – the former Bayern Munich man would be free to look for another club immediately, giving him chance to make up the deficit.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022