Casemiro: Real Madrid man pushing to be back for derby
The Real midfielder is determined to return from injury in time for his side's LaLiga match-up with Atlético Madrid on 19 November.
Real Madrid midfielder Casemiro is pushing hard to complete his recovery in time for Los Blancos' capital clash with Atlético Madrid on 19 November.
The 24-year-old has been on the sidelines since suffering a fractured fibula in Real's 2-0 LaLiga victory away to Espanyol in mid-September.
Midfielder determined to make Calderón visit
Club doctors had earmarked a return against Sporting Gijón at the Bernabéu a week after the Madrid derby - or at home to Cultural Leonesa four days later - with a view to regaining match fitness ahead of El Clásico at Barcelona on 3 December.
But Casemiro is desperate to be ready for the European champions' crunch league game at the Vicente Calderón a week on Saturday.
La felicidad de volver a sentir un balón y el olor a césped... ¡Ganas de volver cuanto antes! ¡Hala Madrid! pic.twitter.com/mTVxNgjPyy— Casemiro (@Casemiro) 10 November 2016
Recovery progressing well
On Thursday, he was able to do work out on the training pitch for the second day in a row, having already responded well with ball at feet on Wednesday.
And following the session at Madrid's Valdebebas base, he tweeted: "Great to feel the ball again and smell the turf. Out to get back as soon as possible! Hala Madrid!"
Zidane won't chance it with Casemiro's fitness
With fellow midfield man Toni Kroos ruled out this week with a broken bone in his foot, Casemiro's positive progress is a boost to Real head coach Zinedine Zidane.
However, the Frenchman will take no risks with the former Sao Paulo player's comeback, and won't include him in his squad to face Atleti if he isn't at 100%.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus checks: how many non-filers may be missing out on payment?
- Coronavirus When and how could a second stimulus check pass in the Senate?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how much money is the new plan supported by Trump?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: possible dates to approve a new relief bill before the election
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: how is the IRS contacting people for missing payments?