Mata: "It was a strange summer; I did my talking on the pitch"
Aduriz: "The competition for places is a positive thing. For any team, it's always healthy to have alternative options. All of us are here to help"
Juan Mata and Aritz Aduriz took Thursday's press conference in La Rozas. Mata warned that Spain shouldn't be deceived into presuming that Saturday's game against Macedonia will be a fomality. Far from it, he says.
Macedonia: "We'll need to make sure we lose the ball as least as possible and make sure we keep it moving - I think that's the best way to attack a densely-populated defence. I wouldn't say it's a trick match because we are under no illusions - we know it is going to be difficult; so we are not going into it overconfident. Macedonia are very competitive. They defend in numbers, and are very compact. We'll need to be efficient".
England friendly on Tuesday: “That's going to be special for me. I've been in England for six years now and so I can see for myself the importance which Wembley has in English football history. And it's always special to play against club team mates, and rival players who I have played against in the Premier League - it'll be a fantastic experience. For those who have never played at Wembley, I'm sure it's going to be a night they'll never forget because it's such as special stage. It has a very different atmosphere”.
Your start to the season: “It's true that on a collective level, the start to the season hasn't been as good as we had hoped, but we are still up there and plugging away. In the Premier League, all of the top sides drop points and we maintain hope that we can make up the lost ground and put ourselves close to the top. On a personal level, I'm enjoying my football out on the pitch, last month was a good one for me. It was a strange summer but I'll continue doing my talking out on the pitch. A lot of things came out in the papers which were not true”.
Aduriz: "Playing at Wembley will be a pleasure and a privilege"
Wembley: "It's an iconic stadium - it's the temple of football in England and to be able to go out and play a match there will be a great honour, amazing".
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?