FC Barcelona raising prices for poor view
Real Madrid fans are upset after hearing about the prices that Barça are going to charge for the Clásico on December 3 at the Camp Nou. The 600 tickets being made available for visiting fans of Los Blancos will cost 123 euros each. If you consider where the away fans will be located in the stadium – where they’re so high at the back that the players look like ants and there is the added intrusion of the newly installed security screen which separates them from the home fans - this is an incredible amount to be asked to pay.
At least make it fair
The feeling of unease is magnified when the value that Barça fans paid on their last visit to the Bernabéu is considered. In last season's league match their tickets cost 80 euros, 43 less than what is expected next month for Madrid fans. The 'Madridista Association March 6, 1902' sent a letter to LaLiga to show their discontent of this abusive escalation of prices, something they feel they are being disadvantaged with. In it they wrote:
"It is unacceptable that in countries with higher incomes they pay much less than in Spain. In England there is a maximum price set of 39 euros for visiting fans, not to mention Germany, where fans are treated for what they are, the heart of football."
Neighbours are also causing frustration
Further anger has been caused with regards to the ticket pricing for the upcoming Madrid derby in the Calderón. On the 19th November Madridistas will shell out between 90 and 100 euros to watch the game live. It’s worth noting that when the two sides last met at the Bernabéu (in February) Atlético fans in the visiting end, well there were only 130 of them on the day, complained about the high price of the tickets: 70 euros.
It’s the Real Madrid fan clubs in Catalonia that are most severely affected by this 123 euro charge if they want to see the Clásico close to home on December 3.
Remember that AS English will be bringing you live commentary of both the Madrid derby and the Clásico.
*Update 11 de noviembre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Potential Madrid presidential election could influence summer signings
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey: Messi striving to save Barça's season as chaos reigns
- NBA NBA round-up: LeBron not enough as Suns sizzle against Lakers
- FOOTBALL Ibrahimovic makes Sanremo festival debut: "I have been the best on this stage"
- LeBron not enough as Suns sizzle against Lakers, Beal sets Wizards record
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | When it is coming & IRS tax return | Live