Cuneyt Cakir: Info on the referee for England versus Scotland
The referee for tonight's Group F game between has never officiated an England game where they have lost and was the man in the middle for both Champions League semi-finals last year.
In what will surely be a fiery contest at Wembley on Friday night, Cuneyt Cakir from Turkey has been selected as the game's referee.
What is interesting about Cakir is that he is the first referee to take charge of two different Champions League semi-finals in the same year when he oversaw Manchester City and Real Madrid's 0-0 draw in the first leg before refereeing Bayern Munich's victory over Atletico Madrid that would ultimately see the Germans exit the competition on away goals.
He has never refereed a game in which England have lost.
- Switzerland 0-2 England (2014)
- England 1-1 Ukraine (2012)
- England 1-1 Ghana (2011)
- Andorra 0-2 England (2008)
He has refereed Scotland once in a 0-0 draw with Lithuania back in 2011.
On March 17 2007, goalie Bülent Ataman attacked Cuneyt Cakir ripping his shirt during the Vestel Manisaspor-Sakaryaspor game. Çakir suspended the game in the 37th minute while the goalkeeper was banned for 12 games by the Turkish Federation.
Ojn of his first forays into refereeing in an international tournament, which was a UEFA cup qualifier between Vaduz and Ujpest in 2006. Cakir showed 9 yellow cards and sent off two players, one from each team.
Will England and Scotland be any easier tonight?
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane